Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My Mistake. (Gabrielle/Perdicus/Xena Story.) Rated R

Gabrielle's point of view :

Ever since Xena found me, I felt safe and loved. The way she smiled at me, and hugged me. Going the distance to protect me. I'll never forget how I felt the first time she called me her best friend. Even though I was deathly sick, Those words made me so happy. The first time I rode Argo with her, I felt free. My heart soared. I slowly started to realized Xena LOVES me. The feeling of our bodies so close, made me want her. There were times after that, I wanted her to touch me everywhere. Head to toe. It was hard to hide that. Then one day at our campsite, my friend Perdicus showed up. I was shocked. I forgot about him being with Xena. I was set to marry him, before I met Xena. He admitted his desire to fight and I refused to get married. He informed me he longer fought, and wanted nothing but peace and a life with me as his wife, I was doubtful then said yes a day later. That's when things went downhill. Xena acted happy for me, but she wasn't.




Xena :

"Are you sure about this" ?  "This is a big step in life, Gabrielle."


Gabrielle :

"I know but I love him, and I want to marry him."


Xena :

" Then I am happy for you, but I will miss you."


Gabrielle :

" I will miss you too".


Xena :

" Are you getting married in the temple" ?


Gabrielle :

" Yes, tomorrow".


Xena :

" Then let's go. I'm sure Perdicus is waiting."


Gabrielle :

" Ok."



Xena's point of view :

Gods, Gabrielle is getting married. Which means I will lose my best friend. The girl I love. My silence has cost my any chance of being with her romantically.  I believe she does love me, but gave up on me long time ago. Now, all I can do is stand back and let her go. I believe is making a mistake, but what I think don't matter. She is way to young to make this certain mistake, but I know she must find out on her own.


Gabrielle's point of view :

For the first time in in two years, Xena is silent the whole way. I know why, but I must do this. I can't expect her to be ok with my decision. Her eyes are glazed with tears. Once we reach the city, Xena puts Argo in a stable. She turns to me.


Xena :

" Alright, where to next." ?


Gabrielle :

" The temple. It has several beds and three bathing areas."


 Xena :

" Ok."


Xena's point of view :

So we walk to the temple. Inside, we are greeted by the priestess. She leads us to a room with one bed, and arch way leading to a bathing room. Gabrielle smiles, but I frown. The priestess asks whats wrong.


Xena :

" Um, shouldn't Gabrielle's fiance be with her instead of me" ?


Gabrielle :

Not the night before we get married".


Xena :

" Ok, if you say so".


Gabrielle's point of view :

It becomes clear to me, Xena is nervous. I don't know what to say. So we take a bath and get into bed. Xena turns her back to me, closing her eyes immediately. I swallow a lump in my throat and go to sleep.The next day, I wake up and first light and get dressed. Xena does the same, not looking at me.


Xena :

"Ok, let's go. You get married in a few minutes".


Gabrielle :

"Ok".


Xena's point of view :

We reach the bonding room, and I turn to Gabrielle.


Xena :

"I will miss you, but don't worry I will visit from time to time".


Gabrielle :

"Good."


Xena :

(Kissing her)..."Bye Gabrielle".





Gabrielle :

" Bye, Xena".


Gabrielle's point of view :

I watch her leave. The priestess calls me to the alter, where Perdicus is standing. We join hands.
He smiles, and we say our vows then kiss. We were married. We start our journey to new home.





Xena's point of view :

As I walk alone with Argo, I think of Gabrielle. Maybe not today, or tomorrow but she will regret marrying Predicus. I shake head and ride off with Argo. I have to focus. Callisto is back and causing trouble. I must find her quickly. It doesn't take long, as I hear a noise. I turn around to see her standing before me angry. I approach her, and she immediately draws her sword. I do to, and fight vigorously. I win, or so I think. I keep traveling on, only to find Gabrielle fighting Callisto. I gallop to her. Then she suprises me. Before Gabrielle or I can react, she stabs Perdicus. He falls, and Callisto runs off on her horse. Gabrielle runs over to Perdicus. She realizes he is dead, and I kneel by her side. The next day we prepare a funeral pyre for him. I sing, and Gabrielle cries. Once through, she walks over to me.


Gabrielle :

"From now on, I want nothing, but Callisto's blood on my hands". " I want her dead".


Xena's point of view :

Her words send chills up my spine. I understand, but it scares me. I've never seen that look in her eyes.



Xena :

" Gabrielle, you let me worry about that". "You need to go home to your family and grieve".


Gabrielle :

" No, I want revenge". " Teach me how to use a sword".


Xena :

" No, I will not, Gabrielle".


Gabrielle :

"Xena, she killed my husband". "I want to kill her". "She deserves to die".


Xena :

"I know".  "Alright, I will teach you".



Xena point of view :

So after teaching her, we find Callisto and kill her. We set up camp later that night. I look at Gabrielle. It's obvious she is trying hard to hide her grief, and so I go and sit by her. She stares at the fire.


Xena :

" I'm here if you want to talk, Gabrielle".


Gabrielle :

"There's nothing to talk about". " I'm ok".  "I got my revenge".


Xena :

"No, your not."  " We're not going to travel again, till you have grieved".  " Look at me".


Gabrielle :

" Xena, I'm...I'm fine". " Really I....



Xena's point of view :

Her voice breaks and eyes tear up. I take her in my arms pulling us to the ground off a log, and put in her my lap. I pull her head to my shoulder.


Xena :

" Let it out, Gabrielle" 

She does and I rock her slowly. Knowing someday we will be togather, as we should be.



No comments: